Find balance within the body
My vision as a health and wellbeing coach is to blend the practices of fitness in the West, with those of Yoga in the East.
The best results don’t always come from constantly pushing and working as hard as you can.
Results come when you have the awareness to know when to push hard and when pull back a little.
So often we fall into the trap of doing what we’ve always done, what we think we should be doing, or what we’ve been told to do. We forget that our body and our mind is constantly giving us messages as to what it actually needs in any given moment.
Once we can tap into this awareness, we can start making choices that will see our fitness, strength, flexibility an overall wellbeing thrive.
This is why I chose to combine Yoga with Strength Training
My concept of combining Yoga with Strength Training has proven time and time again to bring my clients the strength and fitness gains they’re looking for. We work and we rest, allowing energy levels to remain high, meaning that we stay feeling great.
So, what can you expect to see by combining these disciplines?
- Better strength and shape – Strength Training helps build and retain muscle mass, giving you a more defined, stronger body. Yoga stretches and lengthens the muscles, giving you a longer, leaner appearance, with greater agility
- Improved metabolism and fat burning capacity – a progressive strength training programme increases muscle mass, which accelerates metabolism and your body’s ability to burn fat. The stress relieving benefits of Yoga reduce the amount of cortisol in the body, again improving the body’s ability to burn fat
- Injury prevention – by simultaneously developing strength, stability and flexibility we reduce risk of injury
- Quicker recovery between sessions – Yoga speeds up recovery of muscles between strength sessions by enabling the quick transit of lactate acid built up during weight training
- Reverse the aging process – Yoga can help peel years off your face by reducing stress levels and enhancing blood flow to this area. Strength training helps to develop muscle density, holding the skin taught and preventing sagging skin
- Maintain muscle balance – Full compound lifts and explosive weight training help develop power and speed in the fast-twitch muscle fibres, whilst the holding of poses in Yoga builds endurance in the slow-twitch fibres